On September 20th, Garrison Keillor, Sue Scott, Tim Russell and the rest of the A Prairie Home Companion gang converge on the Fitzgerald Theater in Saint Paul for the annual Season Opener and Meatloaf Supper. You too can join in on the fun by hosting your own local Listening/Viewing Party to coincide with the APHC season opener. American Public Media will provide you the tools to engage your APHC fans in person while they enjoy the radio broadcast or take advantage of the live video stream.
What is a Listening/Viewing Party?
We thought it would be a fun way for you and your station to engage with your audience around the season opener of APHC. We are suggesting you convene APHC fans to your station or other gathering spot and enjoy a live, video steam of the show on September 20, 2014.
Since it’s the meatloaf supper and a street dance you might also consider providing a meatloaf dinner for the guests.
What will APM provide in support of a Listening/Viewing Party?
- A digital platform including live video stream, hosted live chat.
- A Marketing kit to assist in promoting the event to your listeners including on-air promos, posters, and digital engagement
- Décor, games, and giveaways to utilize as you see fit during your party
What will I need to do?
First, contact your station representative to get all of your specific questions answered. Every party will be different depending on the scale you want.
- Secure a location to host the event. The location can be a convening space or large studio you have on-site, church basement, public park or other location.
- Have the ability to pipe out audio of the season opener or project the live video stream to your attendees.
- Have fun!
The APHC 40th anniversary festival held over the 4th of July weekend attracted supporters from around the globe and we wanted to be sure you also had the opportunity to connect your listeners to the show brand. The Listening/Viewing Party is a great opportunity to nurture relationships with your listeners and extend the radio broadcast into an in-person and digital experience.
Throughout the year there will be updated digital content on the website, listener trip giveaways to Saint Paul to see APHC and of course, the season and tour. The tour is still getting finalized and as a carrying station, tickets to those shows will also be available to you. Please contact your Station Relations Representative with questions. We have a limited number of marketing kits available so reach out before August 8th to ensure your spot.