Here are the latest updates for upcoming programs. PLEASE NOTE: All details are subject to change. Additional details will be shared via ContentDepot as they become available.
Use the links below to visit our dedicated program pages, where you’ll find show logos, digital assets and more.
- The BBC is offering multiple modules and programs to cover the unprecedented outbreak.
- Visit the landing page on the BBC Partner Site to learn more.
Week of July 6
- Kai talks with Marica Chatelain, Professor at Georgetown about her book Franchise: The Golden Arches in Black America.
- Kai talks to Edward Doyle-Gillespie of the Baltimore Police Academy about his approach to his job.
- It’s a fact of housing in this country that while some thriving cities can’t build fast enough for their growing populations, others wish people would take their houses with them when they leave. At last count there were more than six million vacant and abandoned houses around the country. Many are in rust belt cities and rural areas that have been losing population for decades. Cities like Baltimore, Maryland – where the number of vacant houses has barely budged in a decade despite millions of dollars in investment. And as Marketplace’s Amy Scott reports, COVID-19 could make matters worse.
- July 6: A look at how tech companies assign certain people to handle ethics within a company. Sometimes they have power, sometimes they don’t.
July 6: Performance Today will feature Young Artist in Residence – Violinist Geneva Lewis.
Arts and Culture
July 11: Rebroadcast – New York City, NY
- Trey Anastasio
- The Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis
- Sarah Jarosz
- Dulcé Sloan
As The Splendid Table continues to take listener home cooking questions, follow the program’s updates on Twitter and encourage listeners to send in their questions as voice memos to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 800-537-5252.
Encore episode – July 10: This week is devoted to the spicy nightshade, the chili. We have a lesson in chiles rellenos from Bricia Lopez of Guelaguetza Restaurant in Los Angeles. Francis heads to Heatonist in NYC for a taste test of hot sauces. John “Doc” Willoughby introduces us to a delicious ground chili powder from France called Piment d’Espelette, and America’s Test Kitchen explains the nuance between the raw and the cooked.
Questions? Please contact your Station Representative.