Here are the latest updates for upcoming programs. PLEASE NOTE: All details are subject to change. Additional details will be shared via ContentDepot as they become available.
Use the links below to visit our dedicated program pages, where you’ll find show logos, digital assets and more.
- The BBC is offering multiple modules and programs to cover the pandemic.
- Visit the landing page on the BBC Partner Site to learn more.
Week of September 21
- Molly Wood hosts Marketplace PM all week.
- Molly talks with Liz Weil, ProPublica climate change reporter, about the tools we have to prevent deadly mega-fires, and why we aren’t using them.
- If you’re hosting a learning pod in your home – a few kids, a teacher or full-time tutor — your homeowners insurance may not cover you. That could be a problem if someone gets hurt or sick in your home. And if your home is not zoned for a business, you may need professional liability coverage. A couple weeks into the school year, Marketplace’s Erika Beras looks at how learning pods are shaping up.
- September 21: As millions of students are asked to learn from home, there’s been an enrollment spike in for-profit virtual schools. We speak with Jennifer King Rice, a professor of education at the University of Maryland.
September 23: Performance Today will broadcast a performance from the Taiwan Music Academy and Festival, the first large ensemble concert since the pandemic started. Listeners will hear an interview with Taiwanese-American violinist Cho-Liang Lin about the quarantining and careful measures 35 musicians took to play an in-person concert in front of an in-person audience of 2,000 people.
UPDATE: Now that the BBC Proms have announced their plans for 2020, SymphonyCast plans to air 3 programs this year. BBC Proms concerts will be featured on SymphonyCast for the September 14, 21 and 28 episodes. View the updated July-September program listings here for more details.
Arts and Culture
A reminder that Live from Here has ceased production and distribution. The final encore episode aired Saturday, September 12, 2020. Once the air window for this episode expires on Saturday, September 19, 2020, the ContentDepot page will be removed to avoid missing file alerts. Please make the necessary adjustments to accommodate this change. For more information on this change, see the post on the APM Distribution blog.
As The Splendid Table continues to take listener home cooking questions, follow the program’s updates on Twitter and encourage listeners to send in their questions as voice memos to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 800-537-5252.
New episode – September 25:
- It’s dads and kids this week with Kenji López-Alt of Serious Eats and his latest project, Every Night is Pizza Night. He’ll be taking your calls with Francis about cooking with and feeding kids.
- Then, the duo of David Chang and Chris Ying join us to talk about their podcast episodes devoted to dads and their offspring. David Chang’s new book is Eat a Peach, A Memoir. Chris Ying’s latest with Ivan Orkin is Gaijin Cookbook: Japanese Recipes From a Chef, Father, Eater and Lifelong Outsider.
Questions? Please contact your Station Representative.